Friday, June 29, 2007

Where is the time going to?

I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from someone at work, and I have a feeling that it is not going to come. But you know how as soon as you start doing something that you probably shouldn't be wasting your time on during working hours, the phone rings... and there you go, the phone just rang!

Anyway - The most exciting thing in May was Scott finally had his last day of work at USMC! He was able to take leave starting on May 15th, and we promptly went on a week vacation to Upstate NY to visit his family. Although his brother in law, Mike, is in Iraq right now, the family was once again intact.
On a sadder note, a week after our visit, Grandpa Major passed away. So Scott was back on a plane, and this time for a much sadder reunion. The family is doing well though, and everyone is back into their daily routine.

June - What a June! I had a birthday, and I am feeling slighly older. I think it's mainly due to the 10 lbs that I put on since Thanksgiving, but I am definitely feeling like I am well out of my 20s now.
Our good friends Keith and Kara moved away - so so sad. So we tried to see them as much as possible and had many dinners and "So you think you can dance" nights. But it didn't feel like goodbye at all - maybe it's because I know we will keep in touch with them and these are friends that we will surely have well into a ripe old age. They just happen to live a little further away now, that's all!
And Scott is winding down to his last official day in the Marine Corps on July 30. Kinda scary, considering he doesn't have a job lined up yet, but overall I am feeling fine and confident, and we won't be eating ramen noodles for at least another 2 weeks or so - so things are good!

I'll post some pictures shortly, and keep everyone updated. I think I have a pic of Scott with a beard somewhere around here...

No comments: