Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fall is really here


I am having a hard time accepting the fact that this year is flying by. I can't believe it's already October, when it seems like yesterday that I was looking at one of my projects that had a target completion date of July and thinking that is so far away and we still have plenty of time. Needless to say, that project did not complete in July and we are still working on it...


Today, I purchased our Xmas flights to DC - we are already planning Xmas!


I haven't written in a while, and that's because August was a very busy month for us, and Sept had Scott on another business trip for 2 weeks. And now finally all the fall TV shows have started (it's amazing how little things like that can make me happy). Although I was pissed when I found out that Moonlight was canceled. That was my favorite show last year, and it even won a People's Choice Award for best new drama - how can they do that? I hope another network picks it up.


August was the month for weddings:

We went to San Francisco for Charles' wedding. We went a day early and got to tour the city and rode the ferry, typical tourist stuff. It was Scott's first time in San Fran, and I think he really enjoyed it.


We then went to NY for Katie's wedding. We spent a week up there, and spent a number of days at camp on the lake. It was a good trip, other than the bug bites, the wasp sting, etc. We took Chewie with us, and she is a great traveler. She stayed in her bag, didn't make a sound the entire trip, and even weathered the delayed flights, missed connections, and minimal potty breaks very well.


We ended the month with a fishing trip with my dad and his Anglers Club. It was a neat experience, although Scott was the only one who caught a fish (again)!


Then, Scott was in Riverside for a 2 week work exercise. Now it's October, and we are having a heat wave - it was 100 degrees in some North County areas yesterday. Hopefully you can understand why I am having a hard time believing that fall is here, and it is so strange to see all the Halloween items in the stores. We have a Halloween party for Brussels Griffons later this month, so I have to start getting Chewie's costume ready...

No comments: