Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baby Z - the beginning of the story

Well, after a number of weeks of letting the news sink in and digesting it all, we are ready to share the news! We are expecting Baby Z in July (July 25th to be exact)!

Highlights, thus far:
- After a week in DC, I came home and told Scott that our family will be growing. I'm sure he believed me, but we went out and got a pregnancy test anyway (my third), just so he can see the proof with his own eyes.

- Phone call to Mom and Dad Z: After calling them Bema and Papa the entire call (and they didn't catch on), we told them that August would be good time for them to come visit. We will need a baby sitter by then. Bema, voice rising: "A baby sitter? For a baby? For a baby!"

- We gave Mom and Dad Y bibs that say "I love Grandma" and "I love Grandpa". They unwrapped them, said "That's nice" with confused looks on their faces and started to put them back in the bag. Since they didn't catch on immediately, we had to go on and say "Guess what!?"

- First ultrasound, Scott comes with me to the appt. The doctor said that the ultrasound is next, and I start pulling up my shirt to expose my belly. Little did I know, that's not how the first ultrasound is done. Hey, this isn't how they do it on TV!

- We told the family on our trip to DC for Christmas. I gave my mom a framed picture of the ultrasound with a note that said "I can't wait to meet you in July". There were lots of tears and hugs, and it was a great Christmas.

- Erica telling us Leo's birth story (before we told anyone we were preggers), and she said anyone having a baby in July needs to watch out, the hospital is full of residents and interns waiting to stick you and poke you and get some practice in. As soon as we told everyone, she says "The residents aren't really that bad!". I'm scared.

2 comments:

Kelli Diane said...

So excited for you guys! Cannot wait to meet this little person.

The Daily Stroll said...

Congratulations Colette! I just went to your blogspot from your facebook page!! So exciting! I am having a baby girl in April :) I will have to add your blogspot to mine:

www.theschneiderfamily.blogspot.com