Thursday, September 10, 2009

A successful night out


Tonight was a great night out! Scott came home from work, and we went to buy the swing for Emi. Updates on how she likes it to come, once we try it out tomorrow.
After going to the store, we got dinner at Fudruckers, which we figured was pretty kid friendly, and wouldn't be bad in case Emi decided to wake up and cry. But she was great all night, and did wake up for a bit towards the end of dinner, but was quiet and content. After a couple of swings in the car seat by dad, she was back asleep and I even had to wake her up when we got back home.

But the best part of the night was the beer I had with dinner. This was the first whole beer that I have had in months, and it tasted SO GOOD! And to top things off, they played a Cat Stevens song that I love during dinner. What a great night.

Things I love about Emi:
- The way she stretches and the faces she makes when we wake her up in the morning and unswaddle her. It's is adorable, and I have to get it on video one of these days.
- The way she holds her hands when she's drinking from her bottle. She makes little fists, and tucks them under her chin - which is even more adorable since we've started tucking the burp cloth under her chin, under her hands.
- The way she loves her bath, and the way she looks when her hair is all wet.
- Anytime that she is quiet and sleeping - thank goodness for these small patches of peace at home!

3 comments:

The Clark Family said...

You will be so glad you documented these little moments. The older they get and the more that come, the harder these moments are to remember. These moments (as is Emi) are precious! Enjoy this time!

The Daily Stroll said...

She is just the cutest little thing! Like Jill said, you will be so glad you are recording all these sweet moments. Now that Jonah is talking up a storm I have to write all the funny things down that he says. If I don't I will forget them (sometimes before Josh even gets home from work)! :)

Sirion said...

I just came to read the news. I'm so glad to hear that things are coming along so well. She is adorable.