Monday, June 21, 2010

Mom and Dad are the last to see things happen

On Friday, I picked Emi up from daycare, and they asked me what I had been practicing at home. I'm sure I had a confused look on my face, and they explained that they thought I had been practicing walking with her because today she took 3 steps, and yesterday she walked a little, too.

So that's the trouble with daycare. Your kids will most likely take their "firsts" when you are not around to see it happen.

All weekend we watched and waited, and urged Emi to walk. No luck. She stood up on her own (a first for us, too), but no walking.
UNTIL, Sunday night when grandma/pa were over for dinner. Upstairs, grandma and I were getting Emi's PJs on, and she walked a few steps towards grandma. Then downstairs, she took a few steps in the living room. Yay!

As much as I have been waiting for this moment, it's a little sad now that it's here.
My baby is growing up so fast... I look at some of her newborn pictures and think "who is that baby, you look nothing like her anymore".

No comments: