Thursday, December 08, 2011

3 months already?

Time has been flying by since we had Hana, and I feel guilty for not updating. First, I want to say that having a second baby is not easier (as everyone says it will be) because you already know what to do. Breast feeding and lack of sleep is always challenging, no matter how many kids you have. We got off to a rocky start with feeding, and it was a similar experience to Emi's first weeks. Hana lost over a pound in the first 2 days, and milk supply seems to be an issue with me. But after weeks of wanting to quit, we finally got into a good groove and feeding is going well. BUT, things are going so well, Hana does not want to take a bottle now (as Scott found out on Friday when he was at home with 2 kids). The other big challenge was that Hana did not poop, and the longest stretch we had was 14 days. Everyone I tell that to falls out of their chair, but we are on track in that department now, too!

Hana is also a very different baby than Emi was. I thought they would be identical, for some reason. But fortunately, Hana is very laid back and relaxed, and she hardly cries (although the past 2 days have been a little off for her). She was sleeping about 6 hours a night in her 6th week or so, and now sleeps from about 9pm to 5am. Since I am staying up at night to pump, I am not getting as much sleep but I hope to phase that out in the next few weeks.

I go back to work at the beginning of the new year, and find myself trying to think of any and all options to either not go back, or keep Hana home with me. Maybe it's because Hana is an easier baby to take care of, but I am finding this transition much more difficult than it was with Emi (maybe because I was flying solo at that time, and the financial aspect also weighs on me). But it's looking like there is no way I can not work, so we are looking into how we can keep Hana at home for the first year or so.

I mainly came on here tonight to see when Emi rolled over for the first time. I see that she did it at 3 months and 2 days. Hana rolled over for the first time on Monday, and she was 3 months and 1 week. But, Hana rolled over from her back to her tummy, and then from her tummy back onto her back. It's neat to see that both girls reached that milestone at about the same time.

I can't wait to see what else Hana does in the next months, and I'll try to be better about updating, in case anyone other than Scott is reading :-)

1 comment:

gigis2f said...

Modern dentistry offers a myriad of services beyond traditional check-ups. From advanced cosmetic dentistry for smile makeovers to innovative orthodontic treatments like Invisalign, individuals now have diverse options to enhance their dental aesthetics and functionality. This essay illuminates these possibilities, emphasizing how dental visits are not only about addressing problems but also about exploring opportunities for self-improvement, boosting confidence, and achieving a healthier, more beautiful smile. https://enamel.clinic/general-dentistry/dental-fillings/