Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Bodies in motion...

It's been 3 full weeks now, and I am definitely still adjusting and figuring things out.  You know the saying "bodies in motion stay in motion", well I am absolutely that body they are talking about.  I have noticed that if I come home and sit down, even to check news while drinking coffee, I am most likely still sitting down trying to squeeze a last drop out of that coffee 15 hours later.  I get nothing done on those days!  If I come home and don't sit down, I may start 10 different projects and not finish a single one, but at least it feels like it was productive day.

I had a goal, that each week I would do 2 things: complete a project and try/cook one new recipe each week.  So, I should have 3 of each done by now, right?
Projects (doing good on this one): reupholstered the kitchen chairs, completed 5 PDUs for my PMP renewal due Dec 1 (only 55 more to go, woohoo), assess finances.  I started 2 more little ones, so as long as I don't sit down, I think this is achievable.
Cooking (not so good with this one): I think I have cooked about 3 meals total.  And that means I have defrosted dream dinners and Scott prepared at least 2 of them.  I hate cooking.  And new meals means I have to actually go to the store and get ingredients, and put them together, and follow more than 3 steps.  That is so time consuming! Plus, I think this was a goal during my maternity leave with Emi 5 years ago, with no new meals cooked during a 4 month period.  I'll give this a few more weeks and we may need to reassess this goal.

Overall, things are going well.  We had a friend in town last weekend, and I got more cleaning done in the 2 hours before she arrived than the 3 weeks I've been home!  We had a little get together for friends on 4th of July weekend, which was fun.  I think we are definitely enjoying the summer (and the pool) so far, so as long as I get up after writing this, I may complete my goal for this week, which is to organize my closet for the first time since moving in 1.5 years ago!


No comments: