Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine bands

Happy Valentine's day.
Scott left yesterday for a 2 week trip for work. He will be spending a week in Bridgeport, CA and then heading down to 29 Palms. They are training in cold weather conditions and then training in desert conditions. I don't envy him at all, although sometimes the way he talks about the trip - it sounds like mini vacation. I know, I'm just whining because he is not home. And I have dog duty with no help. Either I will hate the dog after all of this, or we will finally get the bonding time that we need. Last night went well!

This past weekend, we picked out our wedding bands. It's so exciting, but then still a little surreal. To think, that this is the ring that we will wear for the rest of our lives. We are thinking about what to have engraved on the inside of them. Hopefully something meaningful will come to me. We got Scott a shiny simple band Titanium ring, he liked how it looks and how light it was. Because it's the hardest metal, you can't have it sized at all. So we had to order one in Scott's size - hopefully it can still be engraved... I got a platinum band with little diamonds on it - it matches my engagement ring beautifully, although I am still a little hesitant about it being too overwhelming. I am a simple person, as you all know. But it did look good on at the store!

After shopping, we went to Old Town and had our valentine's dinner at Trattoria de Franco. Great little Italian place - but the service could have been quicker that night. Other than that - absolutely no complaints!! The food was great, and I actually like Chianti!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw simple - when it comes to rings...gotta go for the *bling*. I'm sure that your rings are great together.

Chris and I have ours engraved with a silly little phrase that we started saying to eachother a while back. It's fun, a nice way to remember how much we've been through.