Thursday, April 21, 2005

Houses come and go

Well, in one day, we bought a house and sold a house. Of course, nothing is for sure until closing day, but we accepted an offer and had our offer accepted in one day. REALLY. It was a stressful and long day!!

First - we found a house on the internet that looked nice. We first called our flaky realtor about it, and he made Scott mad which resulted in us using a different realtor. I told Scott months ago that this guy was flaky, but nooooooo.
The house is on a street called Dakota Way in Oceanside, which made me think that this was a good sign. My parent's first house was on Dakota Drive right after they got married!! BTW - they just celebrated their 31 year anniversary, which I am now appreciative of how wonderful that is! My parents went to see the house and they liked it - although it's going to need a lot of painting. We made an offer, and by noon the next day we found out it was accepted. Now we just have to go through the inspections and financing aspects of all this. We are scheduled to close on May 18th.

Second - my house went on the market on a Wed night, and there were tons of people who went through it all weekend. We reviewed contracts on Tues night (there were 8 that came in) and that night we found a great offer and we took it. It's amazing what people are willing to spend these days in my area. I almost had a heart attack when I saw some of the offers, and thanked god that I was smart enough to buy 2 years ago. I could not afford my own place now if I needed to buy it.

So now we have a place to move into when we get there. We talked about spending the first night there on the floor (since our furniture won't be there) and waking up the next morning and starting to paint. I think May and June are going to be lots of work......

Now, onto the next big thing - buying a new car!!!!!

No comments: