Monday, November 27, 2006

My first 5k - woohoo!


Yes, I actually put on a pair of shorts and sneakers and went running.
This summer I got the brilliant idea of running in the Oceanside Turkey Trot 5K. It was Thanksgiving morning, and the slogan was "Move your feet before you eat". I thought it was a great idea, it would give me a goal to work towards and would maybe make me loose some weight.

So of course, I didn't train as much as I wanted to. I went running maybe once a week since Scott got home. But as much as I didn't want to run this anymore when the big day came, we went out there and did it. I did walk a little bit each mile, but got through the 3.1 miles in 39 minutes. That's a record for me!

Scott got me the cutest little running shorts, and I want to continue running. It would be nice to do another 5K (with the goal being not to walk at all), then do a 10K, then maaaaaybe work my way up to a marathon. I heard the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego is awesome. We'll see - baby steps...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on! Congratulations, this is so exciting. The San Diego Rock 'n Roll is suppose to be great. June 3rd, eh? I'd considered training for another Vancouver run that month, but could easily be pursuaded to head south and do 26.2 with you :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for joining us at the O'side Turkey Trot last year. I'm so glad you are continuing the running tradition.

I hope that we see you again this Thanksgiving!

Thanks,
Samantha
Kinane Events
O'side Turkey Trot