Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 Years down, forever to go...

Well, we have celebrated our 3rd year anniversary (yes, this post is a little late).
I can't believe that I have known you for over 5 years - it seems like you have been in my life forever. We may not be the same kids who used to go out partying every weekend in DC and Arlington, and we may not be the same kids who used to get all dressed up for a night out on the town, but I like the people that we have turned into. We no longer have to egg each other on to find out about each other (like I did on our first date), or stress about what the other is thinking and why the other one is upset or distant (I take the blame for that one, too). We have turned into people with the same likes and dislikes, and who know what the other person is usually thinking without having to ask. We have turned into people who don't need the fancy restaurants and who enjoy grabbing a local bite out in our flip flops and shorts (OK, SoCal has a lot to do with that change).

Although it may seem that things have become less exciting, and we have more responsibilities now, things have gotten more comfortable with you. I love doing simple things with you, like grocery shopping. I don't think many other couples take the time to do these types of things together or enjoy doing them together as much as we do. It's a luxury to have you home and near me, to be able to do these types of things together. I love our family with the furry kids, and can't imagine what a life without you in it would be like. I love you, and look forward to all the changes life has to throw at us, as long as you are with me. Happy Anniversary, hon.

No comments: