Saturday, January 31, 2009

First trimester down, 24 weeks to go

The other day Kara asked me when I was going to start putting pictures up on Facebook, so that everyone can see how I am progressing. I told her that I would start putting pictures up when there is some evidence that I am pregnant! My body must have listened to me say that, and decided it was ready to start pooching out. Just yesterday, I felt like my stomach was pooching (and not because of the junk food I ate), and today it feels a little funny - kind of like something hard is expanding upward toward my belly button.

So far, I would say that this pregnancy has been pretty uneventful, which makes me pretty lucky I guess. I have not had any morning sickness, and have felt pretty normal most of the time. I haven't had any strange cravings, but I did experience a meat aversion for a number of weeks. Just thinking about it or the sight of meat made me cringe, and I found myself eating a lot of fruits and vegetables. That and the lack of drinking may have been why I actually lost 5 pounds at Christmas time. Since Christmas, I seem to be keeping a steady weight, and am still holding steady at the weight that I was the majority of 2008. The doc says that I will probably see myself gaining weight in the next couple of weeks.

The most annoying side effects of Baby Z have been sore boobs, break outs (luckily on my back rather than my face), and when I wake up at night (almost every night) it takes hours to fall back asleep. And of course, I miss sushi and wine. Last night I had a couple of sips of Scott's wine, and it tasted so good!

I've been doing some reading on hypno-birthing, and am looking into the Hypno Babies program. I must say, I am terrified of labor. But I just have to keep thinking that it is going to be hours of my life (yeah, like 36 or something like that - eek), but once I get through that we have a new family member to love. I found a Chinese Astrology chart, and according to it we are going to have a boy. We'll find out soon enough, we have the ultrasound on Feb 20th, and we'll be able to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We are defnitely going to find out - I'm a project manager for pete's sake, I need to start planning!

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Hey there! So excited for you! I knew your time would come! Congrats to you and your hubby! can't wait to see pics!