Thursday, July 30, 2009

Come on already!

Yesterday, I had my OB appt. This one was a little different. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor, so that they could monitor the baby's heartbeat and see if I am having any contractions. I don't know if it's the position that I was lying in, or the fact that the belts were strapped onto me, but the baby seemed to get really active (you could see my stomach moving around, and I swear the monitor caught some air one time with a big movement). Maybe she's destined to be a diva on screen (or monitor, in this case). But I thought it was interesting that during my appt, I had 3 contractions that I didn't even feel. One time, the doc was talking to me, and she said "you just had one, but I didn't say anything because I wanted to see how you reacted to it". My reaction - nada, zip, nothing, total amazement that I just had one. When I asked her if it was a braxton-hicks contraction, she said "No, that was a pretty good one". So, she said I was having irregular contractions. I guess that's a good sign, and hopefully that means that Baby Z is going to make an appearance soon! Last night, I did feel more of these contractions (I also ate lots of pineapple and we went on another walk), and I went to bed hoping that they would turn into something. Maybe it's mental, but these did seem stronger than the little ones that I had been feeling so far.

I also was able to talk the doc into moving the induction date. Originally, I was scheduled to go in on a Thursday night (2 days shy of 42 weeks). I really want to give Baby Z the whole 42 weeks to come on her own, so we agreed to move the induction to Sunday night (42 weeks and 1 day). The waiting game continues.

No comments: