Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waiting and Waiting

Ok - I am now 40 weeks and 4 days, and I have my next OB check-up this afternoon. After last week's appt, I was really hoping that I would not make it to this one - but here we are a week later and still no Baby Z. Oh well, Scott says she's already taking after me, fashionably late (but really you all, I am usually only 10 minutes late, at the max!)

Lately, we've picked up the amount of walking that we do, I've been walking up and down the stairs during the days, we've been eating spicy food (the Thai food on Friday night has us both sweating up a storm in the restaurant), eating pineapple, Scott tried to find the acupressure points, and I've been making sure to drink my red raspberry leaf tea everyday. Of course - there's the other activity that got us into this mess, so we'll see if these things really work or if it's just a bunch of old wives tales. And I thought the whole sitting on the ball was also garbage, but for the past week or so there has been no more comfortable place to sit other than on my ball. So we've been carrying it up and down the stairs from my desk at work to next to the couch at night. I didn't really think Scott would have to walk into the hospital carrying the ball, but now I think he's going to have to suck it up and carry it proudly.

The past 2 nights I could not sleep, and I thought I felt some very minor pressure waves (aka contractions, probably braxton-hicks). I was thinking maybe this is it and it will turn into labor! But no - I fell asleep eventually and they must have petered out. It's such a disappointment to wake up in the morning and realize that nothing happened that night. I have told Baby Z that she should really come today (or at least in the next day or 2) because she should have her own month for her birthday. We have a lot of family birthdays in August (3 people and Chewie) - she should just go ahead and come on out in July.

This morning, I find myself a little emotional - damn hormones -but maybe it's a good sign! There is a pregnancy blog (His Boys Can Swim) that I just recently came across, and I really wish I had found this earlier, because the couple's due date was only 2 days before mine - so we were going through many of the same things at the same time. Anyway, they had their baby. and their latest post has left me all teary and wanting to write to you all. Let's hope Baby Z joins us soon!

No comments: