Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, daddy to be

Happy Birthday, hon!
It's strange, it feels like this may be our last year where the focus on birthdays are on ourselves. Going forward, I'm sure the birthdays will be about Baby Z and planning parties (I'm sure we won't forget to celebrate those, the way we forget to celebrate Bear and Chewie Bdays). So even though this is a low key birthday, just you and me celebrating tonight - know that I love you and have enjoyed being a part of your life and birthday celebrations for the past 5 years (even the one in which you were in Iraq).
I think the funniest birthday was in DC, when we all had a surprise get together and Charles was there before us. He tried to play it off saying he was meeting a date there that night - what a coincidence (plus no date showed up)... I think it took you 15 minutes to figure out this was your party! Then Billy called, and you couldn't figure out how he had such good timing to call you when all your friends were there to say hi. My silly husband...
I love you, forever.

No comments: