Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Early Arrival

I started dress hunting before right before Thanksgiving. Every store that I visited stressed me out, saying that I had to place an order in the next week or two in order to have the dress arrive in time for alterations prior to the wedding. So I chose my dress, and went ahead and placed an order at Macy's. They said that I could expect to receive the dress in April.

Yesterday, I got a message on my vm at home saying that my dress had arrived. What is this crap?! This is starting to make me think that they were just trying to make a hard sell and pressure me into buying this dress, rather than taking my time and looking for a dress that I love. Don't get me wrong, I really like the dress that I got - it is by far the best dress of the 20 or so that I tried on.

When I tried to call them today regarding picking up the dress and scheduling a fitting for alterations, no one answered the phone. Whatever. So I am waiting until they call me back again. I am also not going to have a fitting until April, because I do plan on loosing some weight before the wedding. All this stress for nothing - the bridal industry really is taking advantage of people and emotions.

No comments: