Wednesday, January 26, 2005

photos and food

It's been a while since I've updated this - sorry. If there is anyone out there reading this, I've been sick, and then got a case of the guilts updating this at work. I'm over it now!

Since I last wrote, we have signed a contract for a photographer and the caterer. Deciding on the photographer was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. We met with 2, and I thought I was going to love Tom. His coverage of a wedding was in a magazine (The Knot), and his website had great pictures. I thought I was going to love him, although I knew going into it he was over my budget. We met with Len, too - and this meeting turned out really impressing both Scott and I. He seems to be in the business because he truly likes taking pictures, and not because he wants to make money. He actually doesn't even sell albums or make the prints himself. He goes through a web photo site - and he says in the long run it will save us money and the control is really in our hands of what we decide to get. He just takes the pictures. Another thing that really turned us on was the ability to make these books, like a childrens storybook, rather than getting an album. I really liked how it turned out - and it seems much more practical than a bulky album that I will only look at a couple of times in my lifetime. So we went with Len, and I am thrilled about it.

Things are going well at work, I'm starting to feel like I know what I am doing and have the tools to get things done. And Scott and I are looking forward to heading out to San Diego to scope out the housing market next week. I think the whole marraige and move will start to seem a little more real after this trip. The only downside thing of this trip is that poor Bear is going to be in a kennel for a week. I'm sure he's going to love that!! I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Bear or the vet who is kenneling him!

No comments: