Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Pictures and jobs

So, this is day 3 of my new position and I feel like I have not done a single thing. Things will get better. I have a trip coming up on the 18th to observe a kick-off meeting, and I am sitting in on conference calls this week. I just don't feel like I have the tools that I need to get started doing my job - just lots of ideas floating around in my head.

I spent this morning setting up meetings for next week with wedding photographers. There is one called Bella Photography, which seems like a photographer mill. I'm not so sure how I feel about not meeting my photograhper until the day of my wedding. I get to see their website and examples of their work, and talk to them on the phone, but I just need that warm and fuzzy feeling you get from meeting someone. The cost savings are pretty big, but I also think that it might be a little risky going this route.

I am also considering switching to the Cingular/ATT GSM network. If anyone has any comments on this service (good, bad, funny) I would greatly appreciate it. My current plan is almost up, and I could get a free phone and 2 year service with them, or try to go a family plan route with Scott and his Sprint PCS service. Hmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Interesting site. We'll drop in regularly and catch up on how you're doing. Say hello to Scott.

Two Admirers

Anonymous said...

Hey Collette, I use Cingular (now +ATT mobile). It has been fine and having a GSM phone is convenitient when you go overseas. The only places it won't work are Japan and Korea (if you still haven't switched I have an almost new top of the line phone since I had to get a new phone that works in Japan *and* supports GSM). If you are getting a new phone - make sure you get a tri-band or quad-band phone and that you get it unlocked so you can get cheap prepaid SIM cards when overseas...

Dave